Part Four: Why Do Any of This in the First Place?

Posted by Jessica Demarest on November 25, 2015
PHC-Screenshot (1)

Part 4 of the “Building a Virtual Army” Series

While Twitter has been putting along, slowly reeling in followers, my Facebook page has exploded. As of this writing I only have 172 likes, but I’ve left some pretty good impressions.

Facebook pages track success in hits, which they call “impressions.” Beneath every post is an impression count, which represents the number of individual newsfeeds the post has appeared on. At the beginning of the year, I posted infrequently and only through a service called NetworkedBlogs, which posted automatically whenever my site had new content. Eventually I ditched the impersonal feel of NetworkedBlogs and opted to post all my own content manually. This way, I could put my own spin on everything, make it eye-catching, and hopefully attract a bit more attention than I had been. Damn if that didn’t work.

Whereas I previously got ten or twenty impressions per post, now I regularly get over 400. I no longer post only about new content. I link to content I find funny or interesting, building relationships with other websites in the process. I also slap photos up there, and have a #PavlovThrowback feature where I highlight older Pavlov content. Whereas before I received the overwhelming majority of my traffic from WordPress, Facebook has easily taken over as my dominant referrer. —Jeremy Allmendinger

In conclusion, Jeremy’s tactics have allowed him to build an army of online supporters for his website “Pavlov’s Hair Conditioner” and it continues to grow to this day. With almost 200 page likes on Facebook and over 500 followers on Twitter, Jeremy’s rise to internet popularity has been extremely successful. Using his tips and ideas, you can successfully build your online presence an amass a virtual army of your own.

Some of our projects

Like what you see?