Who We Are
- Champlain’s Center for Publishing (CFP) is a collaborative organization of students, faculty and staff who produce both print and digital books and magazines for on- and off-campus communities.
- Working with CFP helps students prepare for a wide variety of careers in traditional, independent publishing; learn to work with clients on a variety of publishing projects; and achieve Champlain College competencies around technology and information literacy, creativity, communication and collaboration.
- Want to know more? Contact Kim MacQueen, CFP Managing Editor.
What We Do
- We publish books, magazines and interactive digital resources. Our publications are distributed digitally to the Champlain College community and beyond, as well as in print at certain campus functions such Admissions events; our books are available through the college’s Campus Store, on Amazon.com, and through various digital platforms.
- We provide experiential education, training and practice in writing, editing, designing and publishing to Champlain students regardless of their major or year.
- We host publishing events. CFP sponsors literary readings, book launches, workshops on varied topics in publishing and trainings for students interested in contributing to various publications, presented and attended by faculty, students, alumni and community members.
Who We Serve
- Students. We provide training and development in writing, editing, designing and producing a wide variety of print and digital books and magazines; no prior experience necessary.
- Faculty and Staff. We produce magazines that bring faculty achievements to light, books that display their scholarship and digital resources for use in their classrooms. We support Champlain events with publicity and publications.
- Parents, Alumni and Friends of the College. We produce publications that open up Champlain’s on-campus life to outside audiences; provide publication services to campus and community clients; and offer workshops and readings open to anyone on campus and the surrounding community.